RAPID Synthesizer - User Guide
1.6.1 Newest Version
Want to read about all RAPID Synthesizer features in-depth? Take a look at the PDF User Manual.
You can download and preview it here:
You found an error or bug within the software?
Send us a Bug Report and we will try to fix the problem.
Send us a Bug Report and we will try to fix the problem.
The following section lists all additions, changes and fixes of each software version through time.
1.6.1 - 7. December 2018Fixes:
- The UI is now correctly scaled when using the OpenGL Renderer on High DPI displays on certain Mac versions.
1.6.0 - 6. December 2018Additions:
- New oscillator insert effect: Phase Modulation from Oscillator.
- New oscillator insert effect: Ring Modulation from Oscillator.
- New oscillator insert effect: Phase Modulation Feedback.
- New effect: Multiband Saturator.
- New effect: Glitch.
- New effect: Tonal Delay.
- New effect: Tapestop.
- Reverb size mode: "Pipe". Even shorter than "Room".
- Changed the 1/12 & 1/16 sequencer grid to variable steps.
- The label text of FX-AMOUNT & FX-FACTOR is now dependent on the selected insert effect.
- Modulator & effect presets starting with the same word are now grouped into a sub menu.
- Previous and next browsing for sound presets now jumps relative to the lastly selected preset.
- Style Data version changed to 1.6.
- Disable non-valid insert effect knobs when switching to multi-sample sources.
- Aftertouch on LFO/Sequence speed was ignored for global voices. Thanks G.P. !
- Preset type string "Solo" was not displayed after clicking apply.
- Modulation preview of oscillator fx-factor was sometimes hidden.
- Selected presets now stay highlighted when plugin UI is reopened or resized.
- Send FX Volume Slider was sometimes dependent on the previous channel value.
- 134 Arpeggiator patterns.
- 86 Sequences.
- 76 Saturator presets.
- 11 Tapestop presets.
- 21 Tonal Delay presets.
1.5.1 - 25. September 2018Additions:
- Copy & Paste filter settings.
- Copy & Paste for effect slots.
- Allow GUI resize down to 50%.
- Oscillator insert effect amount now uses an uni- bipolar knob, depending on the selected type.
- Copy & Paste of modulator/effect presets now resets parameters not contained to their default value.
- Removed clicks in Random Glide LFO on active Mono|Arp when switching a random values.
- Module slots in the effects can be set be to empty again.
- At 210% and above, the pre-rendered display images are now correctly resampled.
- GUI size is now correctly restored some hosts (e.g. Apple Logic).
- Added missing tooltips for insert effect Mirror A, B, C.
- Corrected various tooltips.
1.5.0 - 20. September 2018Additions:
- Resizeable GUI.
- GUI 'Themes' are now switchable via options menu.
- Draggable GUI resizer in the bottom right corner.
- Graphics rendering via OpenGL (CPU is still available via options).
- Pitch and modulation wheels on master page.
- Stereo balance for mixer and send channels.
- Individual oscillators can now enable skip of filter and insert.
- Key ranges are now move- and resizeable via mouse wheel.
- Quick Modifier for Pitch, Mix-Voice, Mix-Delay and Mix-Reverb on master page.
- Sidechain position marker and preview.
- Holding shift when setting sequence steps now locks the selected shape.
- New types Formant A & B for filter module.
- New oscillator insert effects : Asymmetric Clip.
- New oscillator insert effects : Sync Add & Formant Shift.
- New oscillator insert effects : Bend Side/Mid/Double/Mirror.
- New oscillator insert effects : Overlap 2x/3x.
- Layer context menu can now reset all macros.
- Modulator context menu now contains a reset function.
- Oscillator display now previews wavetable insert effects in realtime.
- Oscillator display now shows random range, position, phase and loop marker.
- LFO and Sequences can now use retrigger modes 'First Note' and 'First Input'.
- Velocity meter plus note value in headline.
- Previous and next buttons for modulator and effect presets.
- Added various copy & paste context menus for textfields.
- Application options menu is now available by clicking the RAPID logo.
- Mix modules uses gain parameter from insert plus balance per voice.
- Mix module can reorder the processing of filter and insert.
- Reduced key range minimum to one. Double click to reset to a default range.
- Adding a modulation via drag and drop now uses a default routing amount greater than zero.
- When loading another preset the current layer now stays selected.
- If the voicing count is set to 1, mono legato now uses a monophonic mode and retriggers envelopes.
- Voicing wavescope is turned off if scale is set to zero.
- Popup Menu for BPM Sync times (normal, triplet, dotted ) now uses three columns.
- Envelope position marker now also previews delay time phase.
- LFO waveform now displays the actual output value as marker with circle head.
- LFO waveform now uses a different fill method when in bipolar mode.
- LFO waveform now displays the actual random values for hold and glide mode.
- Sequences now display a time phase marker at rates below 8Hz.
- Preset browser now shows ellipses if the text is too long to display.
- Increased arpeggiator octaves control mouse drag sensibility.
- Reduced phase artifacts in oscillator insert under certain conditions.
- Sample playback preview is now displayed relative to pitch.
- Invalid or zero loop ranges now correctly play oneshots instead of silent loops.
- Increased comb filter accuracy at high frequencies.
- Copy & Paste in context menu for most parameters.
- Midi Learn is now available for almost all external parameters.
- Multi-Sample preview is only rendered when displayed, decreasing preset loading times.
- Pre-Render of multi-sample previews is now multi-threaded.
- Reduced unnecessary re-draws of running arpeggiator patterns.
- Reduced re-draw performance of wavescope buffers.
- Removed modulator preview value runtime alloctations.
- Removed legato voice nodes runtime allocations.
- Speedup voice buffer mixing process.
1.1.0 - 26. August 2017Additions:
- New source browser design.
- Support for user content libraries.
- Wavetable import (incl. resampling to table root frequency).
- Sample import (incl. loop points, at any input samplerate).
- Sample Resynthesis. Converts the spectral content of an input sample into a multi-sample.
- Drag & Drop sound files onto oscillator displays to quickly import new content.
- Auto map multiple input samples to the whole keyboard range.
- Import formats (RIFF WAV, AIFF).
- Sortable and renamable source browser categories and entries.
- Separate Wavetable & Multi-Sample tabs.
- Remove modulation option in context menu now shows all routings of a control.
- Tooltips typos.
- Default VST program name, needed for some VST hosts/wrappers.
- Increased loop wrap accuracy.
- Left and right channel was swapped during resampling.
- Sample playback preview now shows the actual waveform when oscillator keytrack is turned off.
- Reduced Wavetable load times.
- Reduced Multi-Sampler load times.
- Faster drawing for source browser entries.
- Removed some runtime allocations.
- Reduced preset parser load times.
- Multisample pre-render Quality option. There was no real improvement on high setting.
1.0.4 - 15. March 2017Additions:
- Sustain Pedal Hold.
- Aftertouch & Channel Pressure.
- Midi CC Learn/Unlearn.
- VST/AU Parameter recording.
- Named MIDI CC.
- Master mixer faders now also use a context menu.
- Preset info box now disappears after a few seconds.
- Poly note now retriggers sustained note.
- Rare note off miss in arpeggiator patterns.
1.0.3 - 17. December 2016Additions:
- Support for Audio Unit and VST on MacOS X.
1.0.2 - 12. November 2016Additions:
- Copy & Paste oscillator settings.
- Some hosts ignored MIDI notes on samplerates greater than 44kHz.
1.0.1 - 26. October 2016Additions:
- Enable/Disable tooltip messages.
- String errors.
- Tooltip errors.
- Rare layer change crash.
- Content browser cover image leak.
1.0.0 - 2. October 2016
- Official Public Release